Re: HA Cluster Solution?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: HA Cluster Solution?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

  Hi.

  We are searching for a cluster solutions for postgresql, we need to
increase our current psql server performance running under ubuntu 14
v9.3.

   The db is for odoo 7.x

I have some experience with odoo 7.x - there are lot of pretty slow queries without good possibility of optimization. More - there are some articles on net that advices suboptimal configuration of Postgres, of odoo.

If you can, you can try to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.6 - more CPU per query can help, or you can upgrade to new odoo (I have not real experience, but the web speak about lot of optimization).

If you have some own customization, look to slow queries - lot of performance issues can be fixed.

Regards

Pavel

   Reading on psql doc cluster, exist different solutions like
postgresql-xl, pgpool which are more for clustering.

    In your experience what psql tools for clustering and HA have give
u good performance.

    Any comment are welcome, thanks for your time!!!