ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI

От Pavel Stehule
Тема ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI
Дата
Re: ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I am writing two background workers - autoreindex and scheduler. In Both I need to execute queries from top level. I had to wrote redundant code   https://github.com/okbob/autoreindex/blob/master/utils.c autoreindex_execute_sql_command .Same code is in pglogical. Some statements - like VACUUM or REINDEX CONCURRENTLY is not possible call from SPI.

Can be nice to have this function in core.

Regards

Pavel