Re: BUG #8329: UPDATE x SET x.y = x.y + z does not work in PL/pgSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BUG #8329: UPDATE x SET x.y = x.y + z does not work in PL/pgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello

2013/7/24  <chmelarp@fit.vutbr.cz>:

> Bug reference:      8329
> Logged by:          Petr
> Email address:      chmelarp@fit.vutbr.cz
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
> Operating system:   Fedora x64
>
> Hi there,
> we have an issue - if I run a query from a console, it runs OK. When it is
> run using EXECUTE in an PL/pgSQL function, it sets NULL. The simplest
> version of the query is like this:
> UPDATE x
> SET x.y = x.y + z.
> FROM (SELECT z) as Z
> WHERE ... ;
>

> If I don't use the "+" in the SET command, it works OK. The whle query is
> quite complex, but OK in a console. If you need the query an tables..., mail
> me, please. I can't make it public.

It looks like some problem with naming collision - have you some
plpgsql variable named "z" ??

Please, you have to send a complete example in this case. Usually this
query is ook - and probably you have a problem with some interaction
PL/pgSQL | SQL

Regards

Pavel Stehule