Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: PL/Pythonu - function ereport
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> It helped me lot of, thank you

Welcome, I learned quite some from the process as well.

>> There's just the doc part left then.
>

> done

We're almost there but not quite.

There's still a typo in the docs: excation.

A plpy.SPIError can be raised should be A
<literal>plpy.SPIError</literal> can be raised right?

fixed

And most importantly, for Python 3.5 there is a plpython_error_5.out
which is needed because of an alternative exception message in that
version. You didn't update this file, this makes the tests fail on
Python3.5.

this fix will be pretty hard - if I'll fix for 3.5, then any other will be broken

I can move these tests to separate file and run some tests for 3.5 and other for older. But it is pretty ugly - and we have not any similar workaround elsewhere.

I checked the diff and looks so only language identifiers are different

7c7
< +$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;
---
> +$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
26c26
< +$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;
---
> +$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
43c43
< +$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;
---
> +$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
52c52
< +$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;
---
> +$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;
60c60
< +$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;
---
> +$$ LANGUAGE plpythonu;

It is strange - I cannot to understand how is possible so other Python's tests are working in your comp. I don't know where is the core of this issue, but I am inclined to think so some wrong is in your environment. The identifier plpython3u shouldn't be used in tests.

Regards

Pavel

Since you might not have Python 3.5 easily available I've attached a
patch to plpython_error_5.out which makes the tests pass, you can fold
this into your patch.

Вложения