Re: SQL/JSON: JSON_TABLE

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: SQL/JSON: JSON_TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

so 28. 9. 2019 v 3:53 odesílatel Nikita Glukhov <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> napsal:
Attached 39th version of the patches rebased onto current master.

Regress tests fails on my comp - intel 64bit Linux, gcc 9.2.1

Comments:

* +<->/* Only XMLTABLE and JSON_TABLE are supported currently */

this comment has not sense more. Can be removed. Probably long time there will not be new format like XML or JSON

* there are new 600 lines to parse_clause.c, maybe this code can be placed in new file parse_jsontable.c ? parse_clause.c is pretty long already (json_table has very complex syntax)

*
+<->if (list_length(ci->passing.values) > 0)
+<->{
+<-><-->ListCell   *exprlc;
+<-><-->ListCell   *namelc;
+

It's uncommon usage of list_length function. More common is just "if (ci->passing.values) {}". Is there any reason for list_length?

* I tested some examples that I found on net. It works very well. Minor issues are white chars for json type. Probably json_table should to trim returned values, because after cutting from document, original white chars lost sense. It is not a problem jsonb type, that reduce white chars on input.

I did only simple tests and I didn't find any other issues than white chars problems for json type. I'll continue in some deeper tests. Please, prepare documentation. Without documentation there is not clean what features are supported. I have to do blind testing.

Regards

Pavel

--
Nikita Glukhov