Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2017-01-25 22:51:37 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> > > I afraid when I cannot to reuse a SRF infrastructure, I have to
> > reimplement
> > > it partially :( - mainly for usage in "ROWS FROM ()"
> >

> The TableExpr implementation is based on SRF now. You and Alvaro propose
> independent implementation like generic executor node. I am sceptic so
> FunctionScan supports reading from generic executor node.

Why would it need to?

Simply - due consistency with any other functions that can returns rows.

Maybe I don't understand to Alvaro proposal well - I have a XMLTABLE function - TableExpr that looks like SRF function, has similar behave - returns more rows, but should be significantly different implemented, and should to have different limits - should not be used there and there ... It is hard to see consistency there for me.

Regards

Pavel