Re: proposal: psql \setfileref

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: psql \setfileref
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I am sending a initial implementation of psql content commands. This design is reaction to Tom's objections against psql file ref variables. This design is more cleaner, more explicit and more practical - import can be in one step.

Now supported commands are:

r - read file without any modification
rq - read file, escape as literal and use outer quotes
rb - read binary file - transform to hex code string
rbq - read binary file, transform to hex code string and use outer quotes

Usage:

create table testt(a xml);
insert into test values( {rq /home/pavel/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml} );
\set xxx {r /home/pavel/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml}

This patch is demo of this design - one part is redundant - I'll clean it in next iteration.

Regards

here is cleaned patch

* the behave is much more psqlish - show error only when the command is exactly detected - errors are related to processed files only - the behave is similar to psql variables - we doesn't raise a error, when the variable doesn't exists.
* no more duplicate code
* some basic doc
* some basic regress tests

Regards