Re: Typmod associated with multi-row VALUES constructs

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Typmod associated with multi-row VALUES constructs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> In HEAD, we could change the RTE data structure so that
> transformValuesClause could save the typmod information in the RTE,
> keeping the lookups cheap.

Hmm, I think this would be useful for the XMLTABLE patch too.  I talked
a bit about it at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20161122204730.dgipy6gxi25j4e6a@alvherre.pgsql

The patch has evolved quite a bit since then, but the tupdesc continues
to be a problem.  Latest patch is at
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFj8pRBsrhwR636-_3TPbqu%3DFo3_DDer6_yp_afzR7qzhW1T6Q%40mail.gmail.com

What do you dislike on tupdesc usage there?

regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/