Re: [HACKERS] psql - add special variable to reflect the last query status

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql - add special variable to reflect the last query status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

I have not any other comments. The implementation is trivial. I rerun all
tests and tests passed.

I'll mark this patch as ready for commiters.

Oops, I just noticed a stupid confusion on my part which got through, I was setting "ERROR" as "success", inverting the expected boolean value.

Here is a fixed version.

I missed it too.

We can introduce macro SetVariableBool(vars, varname, bool) instead

 SetVariable(pset.vars, "ERROR", "FALSE");

I checked source code, and it requires little bit more harder refactoring because now we have SetVariableBool - what is unhappy name, because it initialize variable to ON value. It is question what is better name?

I found more interesting issue - the code of  SetResultVariables is partially redundant with AcceptResult - maybe the switch there can be shared.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel