Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] possibility to specify template database for pg_regress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2017-02-13 20:59:43 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hi

> > On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > here is new update - check is done before any creating
> >
> > It may be better to do any checks before dropping existing databases
> > as well... It would be as well just simpler to complain with a single
> > error message like "database and template list lengths do not match".
> >

> next step

I still fail to see why --use-existing as suggested in
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170208002900.vkldujzfkwbvqqq7@alap3.anarazel.de
isn't sufficient.

I checked it - and it is not hard - but you have to overwrite some makefile rules - and then you spend some time with makefile hacking

Possibility to set template removes all this dirty work. Setting "REGRESS_OPTS += --template=mytests-template" is simple, clean and readable

Regards

Pavel

- Andres