Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql - Assert statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2014-09-06 7:49 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
this doesn't to supply assertions, it is just shorter form

The original proposal very clearly seems to be "why don't we do this *instead* of assertions?"  And in that case all of my points apply, and I'm very much against this syntax.  If this is supposed to be in the language *in addition to* assertions, let's please be clear about that.  (In that case I wouldn't object, though I probably wouldn't use this feature either.)

It was just my reaction to Jan proposal in this thread.

pavel

.marko