Re: SQL-standard function body

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: SQL-standard function body
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

st 1. 7. 2020 v 16:14 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> In my experience, there's certainly demand for some kind of mode where
> plpgsql functions get checked at function definition time, rather than
> at execution time.

Yeah, absolutely agreed.  But I'm afraid this proposal takes us too
far in the other direction: with this, you *must* have a 100% parseable
and semantically valid function body, every time all the time.

So far as plpgsql is concerned, I could see extending the validator
to run parse analysis (not just raw parsing) on all SQL statements in
the body.  This wouldn't happen of course with check_function_bodies off,
so it wouldn't affect dump/reload.  But likely there would still be
demand for more fine-grained control over it ... or maybe it could
stop doing analysis as soon as it finds a DDL command?

This simple analysis stops on first record type usage. PLpgSQL allows some dynamic work that increases the complexity of static analysis.

Regards

Pavel