Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

st 20. 11. 2019 v 9:51 odesílatel PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> napsal:

Bug reference:      16126
Logged by:          Prasad Jadhav
Email address:      jadhavprasad57@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 12.1
Operating system:   Windows

Hi,

I am migrating my MS SQL databases to PostgresSQL. I wish to convert one
stored procedure from SQL server to PostgreSQL. But I couldn't find the
compatibility for 'sp_OACreate' extended procedure.

Does PostgreSQL OA extended procedure ? or any equivalent objects?

This is not bug. Postgres doesn't supports COM objects, because it is multiplatform project, and COM objects are +/- MS platform only technology.

Postgres has own API that can be used for extensions - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/server-programming.html

When you have knowledge of C programming, then you can use it. If not, then you can use Python or Perl interface.

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16126: Missing the sp_OACreate procedures