Re: Re[2]: Async_Notify

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Re[2]: Async_Notify
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pá 13. 12. 2019 v 12:30 odesílatel Арсен Арутюнян <arutar@bk.ru> napsal:
I'm trying to send a notification from the PG extension directly.
It turns out the mechanism that is used in the async file. (Async_Notify) does not suit me since the function uses oldcontext = MemoryContextSwitchTo (CurTransactionContext); and MemoryContextSwitchTo (oldcontext);
And I did not find the ability to add notification except the Async_Notify function.

Now only SPI_execute works ("NOTIFY chanel,’message’", false, 0);

P.S. In my extension, there is already a higher function started with oldcontext = MemoryContextSwitchTo (CurTransactionContext); and MemoryContextSwitchTo (oldcontext);

NOTIFY just push message to queue and waiting on end of transaction.

This is by design and you cannot to change it.

Regards

Pavel