Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: plpgsql pragma statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

út 9. 4. 2019 v 15:03 odesílatel David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> napsal:
Hi Pavel,

On 3/25/19 3:50 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> po 25. 3. 2019 v 8:38 odesílatel David Steele <david@pgmasters.net
> <mailto:david@pgmasters.net>> napsal:
>
>     On 3/10/19 8:39 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>     >     Here is pragma patch with demo
>     We're still not getting real review for this patch and Andrew seems as
>     skeptical as anyone that this is the right way to go.
>
>     I'm planning to mark it as rejected at the end of this CF.
>

> I hope so Andrew will have some time to review this patch

As discussed above, I have marked this patch as rejected.  It appears
that a more general purpose approach is required to get a consensus on
this feature.

I have to accepted this decision. I cannot to write this patch more general - it's absolute generic (or I didn't understand objections).

I agree so now, there are higher priorities, and there are not customers for this patch. But from syntax, semantic perspective, this patch is correct. Now, it is interesting for plpgsql_check users, and their voice was not here, unfortunately. I cannot do more in this area.

Regards

Pavel

Regards,
--