Re: xmlelement name

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: xmlelement name
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello

2013/3/12 Ben Morgan <neembi@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a function that will take a name as a text value,
> and return an XML element with that name as name, like so:
>
> create function xpercent(nam text, val int) returns xml as $$
>     begin
>         return ( select xmlelement(name nam, concat(val::text, '%')) );
>     end;
> $$ language plpgsql;

you cannout use parameter there - Name of xmlttribute is constant, it
should be immutable

you have to use dynamic sql

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.xpercent(nam text, val integer)RETURNS xmlLANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $function$   declare result text;   begin       execute format('SELECT xmlelement(name %I, $1)', nam) USING
concat(val::text, '%') INTO result;       return result;   end;
$function$

postgres=# select xpercent('hello', 4);    xpercent
(1 row)

Regards

Pavel Stehule