Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: schema variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hi

I am sending updated patch. It should to solve almost all Giles's and Peter's objections.

I am not happy so executor access values of variables directly. It is most simple implementation - and I hope so it is good enough, but now the access to variables is too volatile. But it is works good enough for usability testing.

I am thinking about some cache of used variables in ExprContext, so the variable in one ExprContext will look like stable - more like PLpgSQL variables.

I wrote EState based schema variable values cache, so now the variables in queries are stable (like PARAM_EXTERN) and can be used for optimization.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel