Re: Review: query result history in psql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Review: query result history in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

2013/7/1 ian link <ian@ilink.io>:
> Not sure about all of your suggestions. Let me see if I can clarify what
> you're looking for.
>

>>  * simply decision if content should be stored in history or not,
>
> Do you mean that the user should use a flag to place the result of a query
> into the history?
> like:
> --ans SELECT * FROM cities...
> Not sure if that's what you mean, but it seems kind of unnecesary. They can
> just hit the \ans flag beforehand.

switching off on is not user friendly

but maybe some interactive mode should be usefull - so after
execution, and showing result, will be prompt if result should be
saved or not.

some like:

\ans interactive
> SELECT * FROM pg_proc;

**** result ****

should be saved last result [y, n]?
result is saved in :ans22

>> * simply remove last entry (table) of history
>
> That could be useful. What do you think Maciej?

yes, lot of queries is just +/- experiment and you don't would store result

>>  * queries should be joined to content, only name is not enough
>
> Don't know what you mean. Could you try re-wording that?

yes, the names :ans01, :ans02, ... miss semantics - How I can join
this name (and content) with some SQL query?

I needs to reverese search in SQL of stored caches, and I need a information

ans01          SELECT * FROM pg_proc
ans02          SELECT * FROM ans02 WHERE ...
ans03 ...

Regards

Pavel