Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: plpgsql.warn_shadow
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 18/03/14 20:36, Pavel Stehule wrote:

   <para>
+    To aid the user in finding instances of simple but common problems before
+    they cause harm, <application>PL/PgSQL</> provides a number of additional
+    <replaceable>checks</>. When enabled, depending on the configuration, they
+    can be used to emit either a <literal>WARNING</> or an <literal>ERROR</>
+    during the compilation of a function.
+   </para>

>>>provides a number of additional<<<

There will be only one check in 9.4, so this sentence is confusing and should be reformulated.

Thanks, yeah I left that sentence unchanged from original patch, maybe I should remove the word "number" there as it implies that there are a lot of them, but I don't really want to change everything to singular when the input is specified as list.

What about add sentence: in this moment only "shadowed-variables" is available?

Pavel

--
 Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/