Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Implementation of global temporary tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:

> > Would it be difficult to add the ability for one user to share the
> > contents with a list of named other users (roles)?
>
> Probably it is possible, but not for temporary data - short data are in
> process memory, so it are not accessible from other sessions.
>
> This sharing tables needs:
>
> 1. some infrastructure to hold data about sharing - who can share with what
> 2. who will clean data? temporary data are cleaned on end of transaction or
> end of session
> 3. data should be saved in shared memory instead process memory
>
> So it is possible, but partially different

To me this gets in the "crazy ideas" list.  Please add it to the TODO
page in the wiki, so that we're sure we never implement it.

yes, it is pretty crazy - Have no plan to implement it :)

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/