Re: Assertions in PL/PgSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Assertions in PL/PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2013/9/23 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
On 9/23/13 6:40 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
After days I am thinking so it can be a good solution

syntax - enhanced current RAISE

RAISE ASSERT WHEN boolean expression

RAISE ASSERT 'some message' WHEN expression

It looks like I'm losing this battle, but this syntax isn't too bad.

I don't win too, but result is good :)

and we can have a GUC that controls asserts per database - possibly
overwritten by plpgsql option - similar to current plpgsql options

assert_level = [*ignore*, notice, warning, error]

This sounds like a decent enhancement.

p.s. clause WHEN can be used for other exception level - so it can be a
interesting shortcut for other use cases.

This idea is good, I like it.

I could prepare a patch for this, unless someone else wants to?

please, do it.

Regards

Pavel

Regards,