Re: Query-Sending mail from PostgresSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Query-Sending mail from PostgresSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

> Hi,
>
> We are using Postgres. Doing migration from Oracle to Postgres SQL. Now we
> wanted to migrate the Sending mail operation as in oracle. Searched the
> help couldn't able to find the solution.  Below is the oracle statement
> used.
>
> UTL_MAIL.send(
>                 sender     =>  EMAIL_DIST,
>                 recipients =>  EMAIL_DIST,
>                 cc         =>  EMAIL_DIST,
>                 bcc        =>  EMAIL_DIST,
>                 subject    =>  Load_Name ,
>                 message    =>  emesg
>                 );
>
> Please give your suggestion how we can migrate the above statement to
> Postgres.

It is not bug.

PostgreSQL has not this functionality. There is a workaround - you can
write own function in PLPerlu, where you can use some from CPAN libraries
for sending a mail.

http://search.cpan.org/~mivkovic/Mail-Sendmail-0.79/Sendmail.pm
http://postgres.cz/wiki/PL/Perlu_-_Untrusted_Perl_%28en%29

Regards

Pavel

От: el_froggy@2die4.com
Сообщение: BUG #13991: Installing results in Failed to load sql modules into the database cluster