Re: proposal (9.5) : psql unicode border line styles

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal (9.5) : psql unicode border line styles
Дата
Re: proposal (9.5) : psql unicode border line styles  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> I removed dynamic allocation  and reduced patch size.

This is certainly better, imv, though there are a couple of minor
issues (extra semi-colons, extraneous whitespace, get_line_style was
still changed to non-const, even though it doesn't need to be now).

fixed non-const -- other, I am sorry, I am blind

> What I tested a old unicode style is same as new unicode style. There
> nothing was changed .. some fields are specified in refresh_utf8format
> function

I don't particularly like this (having these fields set in
refresh_utf8format to hard-coded strings in the function), why not have
those handled the same as the rest, where the strings themselves are in
the unicode_style structure?

I am not sure if I understand well.

With refresh_utf8format I can do shortly 6 possible combinations - or more (when it will be requested)

I have no idea how to write as rest without repeating all 6 combinations - what was one noticed issue of some older variant, where I designed unicode1, unicode2, ...

Any idea, tip how to it?

Regards

Pavel

The rest looks pretty good.  Need to step out for a bit but I'll look at
making the above changes when I get back if I don't hear anything.

        Thanks,

                Stephen

Вложения