Re: SELECT slows down on sixth execution

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: SELECT slows down on sixth execution
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On 2015-10-14 03:00, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> You are encountering "custom plans", introduced in 9.2.
>
> When a statement with parameters is executed, PostgreSQL will not only generate
> a generic plan, but for the first 5 executions it will substitute the arguments
> and generate and execute a custom plan for that.

Wow! Thanks. I feel this should be documented a bit better.

Shouldn't this be explained in at least as much details as in your
explanation, in the sql-prepare document?

probably - some section about benefits and risks can be useful - but it is task for somebody with better English than is mine :)

Regards

Pavel

Yves.
--