Re: Does RAISE EXCEPTION rollback previous commands in a stored function?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Does RAISE EXCEPTION rollback previous commands in a stored function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Good evening,

in PostgreSQL 9.5 does RAISE EXCEPTION reliably rollback all previous commands in a stored function?

I have a stored function (the code is at the bottom), which takes a JSON array of objects as arguments.

First it prepares some data and then loops through the JSON array and upserts the objects into a table.

However if any of the objects fails an authenticity check (using md5 + some secret string) - I would like to rollback everything.

Since I can not use START TRANSACTION in a stored function, I wonder if another loop should be added at the very beginning - or if I can just use the one I already have at the end.

transaction is started implicitly when you start SQL statement.

Pavel