Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: pg_hba_lookup function to get all matching pg_hba.conf entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:

> It should be disabled by default
>
> only when you have some problems, then you can enable it

That still seems mostly unworkable to me.  Are we going to tell DBAs to
set PGOPTIONS when they have some pg_hba problem?

why not - it isn't bad idea.

What's the issue with calling the function when you want to research
some problem?  Presumably that's the whole point of the function.

sometimes you shouldn't set real parameters - I had to solve some issues with IP6/IP4 - and I missed debug info on server side.

Regards

Pavel

--
Álvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/