Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 9/2/14 11:04 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
It is relatively natural and we use similar construct in CONTINUE statement.

2. What can be next? We can implement some idiom (shortcut) for GET
DIAGNOSTICS

DELETE FROM tab WHERE xx = somevar;
RAISE EXCEPTION 'some' WHEN AFFECTED_ROW_COUNT <> 1;

Yes, a special variable would be closer to how I would prefer to access the row count.

I am not against. We have FOUND, we can have "AFFECTED_ROW_COUNT" or something else. "ROW_COUNT" is probably wide used as variable.

This "style" can be simply implemented.

Pavel

3. What next? Maybe some notations -

-- ** ensure_exact_one_row
DELETE FROM tab WHERE xx = somevar;

I really, really don't like the idea of turning regular SQL statements into something slightly different based on comments around (or "inside") the query.

it can be something else than comment. For me, it is really futuristic, but it has more potential than using some specialized keywords inside SQL statement. More, we can mix it with #option - be global for function.

.marko