Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Code cleanup in the wake of recent LWLock refactoring.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's very strange.  It looks to me like you did exactly the right
>> thing.  Can you provide any details on how it fails?
>
> Looks like some race conditions is there - but I didn't tested it deeper

Well, OK, so I'm totally willing to work with you to help get this
straightened out, but I'm not really going to go download orafce and
debug it for you on company time.  I'm fairly sure that won't win me
any large awards.

I'll do it - just need to finish some other. I hope so this night I'll know more.

In _PG_init I am creating new tranche by RequestNamedLWLockTranche("orafce", 1);

Immediately when I try to use this lock

shmem_lock = sh_mem->shmem_lock = &(GetNamedLWLockTranche("orafce"))->lock;

I got a error

ERROR:  XX000: requested tranche is not registered
LOCATION:  GetNamedLWLockTranche, lwlock.c:602

Because the session initialization doesn't finish, then Orafce doesn't work

Regards

Pavel

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean
Сообщение: Re: GinPageIs* don't actually return a boolean