Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PATCH: Split stats file per database WAS: autovacuum stress-testing our system
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> with the patch:
>> vacuumdb -a    real    6m41.306s
>> idle steady state:  7.86% user, 5.00% system  0.09% iowait  87% idle,
>
> Nice. Another interesting numbers would be device utilization, average
> I/O speed and required space (which should be ~2x the pgstat.stat size
> without the patch).

this point is important - with large warehouse with lot of databases
and tables you have move stat file to some ramdisc - without it you
lost lot of IO capacity - and it is very important if you need only
half sized ramdisc

Regards

Pavel