Re: printing table in asciidoc with psql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: printing table in asciidoc with psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 30 October 2014 09:04, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

On 17 October 2014 09:01, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Szymon

I found a small bug - it doesn't escape "|" well

postgres=# select * from mytab ;
    a     | numeric_b |     c
----------+-----------+------------
 Ahoj     |        10 | 2014-10-17
 Hello    |        20 | 2014-10-18
 Hi       |        30 | 2014-10-19
 aaa|aaaa |      2222 | 2014-10-17
(4 rows)

result

[options="header",cols="<literal,>literal,<literal",frame="all",grid="all"]
|====
^| +++a+++ ^| +++numeric_b+++ ^| +++c+++
| Ahoj | 10 | 2014-10-17
| Hello | 20 | 2014-10-18
| Hi | 30 | 2014-10-19
| aaa|aaaa | 2222 | 2014-10-17
|====

Next, I tested it with asciidoc and asciidoctor and I have a problem with asciidoctor - it doesn't respect aligning .. so numbers are aligned to left instead to right.

When you use a option "header" then a formatting "+++xxxx++++" is useless.

Hi Pavel,
thanks for the remarks. I've attached another version of the pach. It works a little better now, including escaping | and asciidoctor alignment support.

it is fixed. Thank you.

I fixed formatting - please, recheck it.

I don't see any issue - it should be ready for commiter

Regards

Pavel

Hi Pavel,
thanks for the review and reformatting. It looks much better after the reformatting.

ok

so

1. There are no any objections against proposed and implemented feature. This patch contains just implementation of asciidoc format and nothing else. It has zero impact on current code.

2. There are no problems with patching and compilation. All current regress tests passed.

3. Patch contains doc and small set of regress tests.

4. I tested output against asciidoc and asciidoctor, I didn't find any problems.

This patch is ready for commiter

Thank you for patch

Regards

Pavel