Re: [GENERAL] Is there a way to Send attachments with email usingpgmail postgreSQl?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Is there a way to Send attachments with email usingpgmail postgreSQl?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am also trying to send emails with attachments.please help me out with this.

You can use a untrusted Perl or Python functions

My warning - don't do it - Database is great for data manipulation, bad for communication. Some principles are hard to mix inside database. I like a stored procedures, all power of PostgreSQL, but the communication from database was failure early or in long time.

Better to write simple daemon application, that can monitor table with mails and sends mails related to new record there - you can use LISTEN/NOTIFY mechanism for immediate signal from database to application

Regards

Pavel

Regards,
Nidhi