Re: DO ... RETURNING

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: DO ... RETURNING
Дата
Re: DO ... RETURNING  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

> The current situation is akin to not being able to use queries
> directly but always requiring you to create a view first and
> then do "select ... from myview"

ok

probably we can allow using DO in CTE without impact on other SQL
statements, and for this purpose we need to know returned
TupleDescriptor early.

so I am able accept it, although I am thinking so we are going in
strange direction. We are not able do simply tasks simply (we cannot
execute SQL script on server side simply) :(. But it is not problem of
Hannu design.

other question - can we find some readable and intuitive syntax for DO
parametrization?

Regards

Pavel