Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05/27/2015 06:11 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

Thank you for your honest comments and your concern.

I sincerely hope you're able to be involved in developing auditing for
PostgreSQL in the future, as it is a key requirement in any secure
environment.

Guys,

I think we are overlooking the rather obvious elephant in the room. This is an extension. There is no reason for it to be in core. Revert the patch, gain independence, the ability to innovate mid-cycle and move on to bigger fish.

any work in contrib has bigger progress.

I wrote plpgsql_check - and the living out of contrib is neutral  - I can do some changes freely, but it is used 1% users who can has benefit from this extension. 9.5 will be released after three months and lot  of potential bugs can be fixed. It is contrib - it can be moved, removed, but better if can works.

Regards

Pavel

Sincerely,

JD