Re: [BUGS] Prepared Statement Name Truncation

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [BUGS] Prepared Statement Name Truncation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2012/11/23 Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com>:
> On 22-11-2012 04:27, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>> 2012/11/21 Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com>: Separately, what are
>> the objections to raising the size limit to 128?
>>
>>> significantly larger catalog
>>
> Less than 5% of catalog columns? I don't buy your argument.

default 6201kB (64) updated 6967kB (128) on empty database - so it is
12% more per one database

in our warehouses we have more than 100000 relations per database and
about 1000 databases per warehouse - so these number can be
significantly higher

second issue can be increasing memory allocations for system caches
and some other place

Regards

Pavel

> --
>    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/
>    PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento, Suporte 24x7 e Treinamento

Сообщение: Re: ERROR: query has no destination for result data
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: query has no destination for result data