Re: PostgreSQL flavors

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PostgreSQL flavors
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 02/23/2016 10:22 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

Vertica was written from scratch in C++. Maybe gram.y was used from Pg.
But the client and SQL are strongly inspirited by Postgres. vsql is not
psql probably, because psql is better. Last three years is not Vertica
protocol compatible with Postgres. I don't know a reason why - I am
expecting some strange marketing

According to some insider sources, they broke compatibility because it was "faster" (without any actual performance testing).  In an update release, no less.  I've been told that they lost a bunch of users over this because it broke their tools with no warning.

Interesting

Thank you for info

Pavel

Josh Berkus