Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Hi,

FYI: I'd just like to point you to following two forthcoming standard
parts from "ISO/IEC JTS 1/SC 32" comittee: one on JSON, and one on
"Multi-Dimensional Arrays" (SQL/MDA).

They define there some things different as already in PG. See also
Peter Baumann's slides [1] and e.g. [2]

:Stefan

[1] https://www.unibw.de/inf4/professors/geoinformatics/agile-2016-workshop-gis-with-nosql
[2] http://jtc1sc32.org/doc/N2501-2550/32N2528-WG3-Tutorial-Opening-Plenary.pdf

Can be nice if we can write API with respects ANSI SQL. The main problem is query language - we doesn't support JSONPath. But if we have a own regular expression library, probably we can have i own implementation of JSONPath

Pavel