Re: Proposal: variant of regclass

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Proposal: variant of regclass
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2013/12/5 Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
On 2013-12-05 11:54:20 +0100, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2013/12/5 Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>
> We can introduce some assert polymorphic function
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION notnull(any, message text) RETURNS any, that can
> be used for check inside SQL

Uh. How is that going to help applications that upgraded, without having
noticed a pretty obscure notice in the release notes?

this function doesn't replace a "obscure notice in the release notes".

On second hand is better to throw unpractically  designed feature early than hold it forever.

If there was not too aversion against GUC, I can say, so for some time GUC can be solution. But it isnot

Regards

Pavel

If this were day one, I would agree we should go that way, but today...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

--
 Andres Freund                     http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/