Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] patch: function xmltable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

please see attached patch

* enhanced regress tests
* clean memory context work

new update

fix a bug in string compare
fix some typo and obsolete comments

Regards

some minor but interesting fix.

I found so some xml values imported via recv function can have inconsistency between header encoding and used encoding. Internally the header encoding is removed - see xml_out function.

So now, when I have to prepare data for libxml2, I don't do direct cast, but I use xml_out_internal instead. Maybe this technique should be used elsewhere? Same issue I see on xpath function.

Solved issue is not too often probably - the some different encoding than utf8 should be used in XML document and XML document should be loaded with recv function.

Regards

Pavel

Pavel

Regards