Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: bugfix: BUG #15477: Procedure call with named inout refcursorparameter - "invalid input syntax for type boolean"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

ne 4. 11. 2018 v 17:14 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
> ne 4. 11. 2018 v 16:54 odesilatel Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> napsal:
>> In short, I think it's a bug that we allow the above.  If you
>> want to keep the must-be-a-variable error then it should apply in
>> this case too.

> I agree. This should be prohibited from PLpgSQL.

OK.  In that case I'll run with my patch.  The attached is what I had
code-wise, but I've not changed the regression tests to match ... gotta
go fix the docs too I guess.

I am not sure how safe is read argmodes from syscache after procedure execution. Theoretically, the procedure pg_proc tuple can be modified from procedure, and can be committed from procedure. Isn't better to safe argmodes before execution?

regards

Pavel