pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема pg_dump quietly ignore missing tables - is it bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

we found possible bug in pg_dump. It raise a error only when all specified tables doesn't exists. When it find any table, then ignore missing other.

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -t Foo -t omega -s postgres > /dev/null; echo $?

foo doesn't exists - it creates broken backup due missing "Foo" table

 [pavel@localhost include]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dump -t Foo -t omegaa -s postgres > /dev/null; echo $?
pg_dump: No matching tables were found
1

Is it ok? I am thinking, so it is potentially dangerous. Any explicitly specified table should to exists.

Regards

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Reduce pinning in btree indexes
Сообщение: Re: Reduce pinning in btree indexes