Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2013/7/3 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> 2013/7/2 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:

>>> I would just name them date(...), time(...), etc.
>
> I tested this names, and I got a syntax error for function "time"
>
> we doesn't support real type constructors, and parser doesn't respect syntax.
>
> so we can use a different names, or we can try to implement type
> constructor functions.

constructor function - : A niladic SQL-invoked function of which
exactly one is implicitly specified for every structured type. An
invocation of the constructor function for data type
returns a value of the most specific type such that is not null ...

as minimum for Postgres - a possibility to implement function with
same name as type name.

Regards

Pavel
.

> Comments
>
> Regards
>
> Pavel
>

>> +1

>>> I would not use default values for this one.
>>>

>> I have no problem with it

>>> If we are using integer datetime storage, we shouldn't use floats to
>>> construct them.
>>>

>> so possible signature signature should be
>>
>> CREATE FUNCTION time(hour int, mi int, sec int, used int) ??
>>
>> and
>>
>> CREATE FUNCTION timetz(hour int, mi int, sec int, isec int, tz int)
>>
>> ??
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Pavel

Сообщение: Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values
Сообщение: Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values