Re: proposal: regrole type?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: regrole type?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2012/12/26 Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>:
> 2012/12/25 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
>> Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> writes:
>>> * We can reduce to half lot of functions \df has_* (84 functions)
>>
>> Not without breaking existing queries.  A function taking regrole might
>> look like it substitutes for one taking a text-string user name as long
>> as you only pass literal constants to it, but as soon as you pass
>> non-constants you'll find out different.  (Unless your plan is to also
>> create an implicit cast from text to regrole, which strikes me as a
>> seriously bad idea.)

I was little bit surprised so regproc, regprocedure is not used  on
SQL level in our builtin functions - and I use both types often in our
custom queries.

So it can be similar with regrole and regaclrole - it can be addressed
for more orthogonal work with roles

I am sending patch, but I will not assign to commitfest now.

Regards

Pavel

Вложения