Re: Review: plpgsql.extra_warnings, plpgsql.extra_errors

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Review: plpgsql.extra_warnings, plpgsql.extra_errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 23/03/14 15:14, Pavel Stehule wrote:
Review shadow_v6 patch

I have only one objection - What I remember - more usual is using a list
instead a bitmap for these purposes - typical is DefElem struct. Isn't
it better?

To me it seemed that for similar use cases (list of boolean options) the bitmap is more common in the existing code, question might be if we go over the 32 bits any time soon which does not seem likely to me for the checks.

I don't afraid so 32 bits it is too low - in this case, list can be used without compatibility issues.

if others has no problem with it, I have not a problem too.

doc should be enhanced by:

SET plpgsql.extra_warnings TO 'shadowed_variables';

CREATE FUNCTION foo(f1 int) RETURNS int AS $$
DECLARE
f1 int;
BEGIN
RETURN f1;