Re: [HACKERS] Tuple sort is broken. It crashes on simple test.

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Tuple sort is broken. It crashes on simple test.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should not be enhanced regress tests too?

We already have coverage of multi-pass external tuplesorts, as of a
few months back. That didn't catch this bug only because it was a
pass-by-value datum tuplesort. The relevant RELEASE_SLAB_SLOT() call
does have line coverage already.

I wouldn't object to adding a test case that would have exercised this
bug, too. It took me a while to talk Tom into the test that was added
several months back, which discouraged me from adding another test
case here. (There were concerns about the overhead of an external sort
test on slower buildfarm animals.)

ok

--
Peter Geoghegan