Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql --batch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

I find myself regurgitating the incantation

psql -qAtX -v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1

quite a bit. It's not ... super friendly.

It strikes me that we could possibly benefit from a 'psql --batch' option.

Thoughts?

The link between -qAtX and "batch" is not that fully obvious, especially the unaligned tuples-only part. If so, why not some -F <tab> as well?

ISTM that the real pain is the "-v ON_ERRORS_STOP=1" which I occasionally encountered as well, the other one letter ones are not too bad. Maybe it would be enough to have a shortcut for this one, say "-B"?

I agree with last sentence. I don't think so -qAtX are expected always, but "-v ON_ERROS_STOP=1" is pretty often.

What do you think about long option "---on-errors-stop" ?

Regards

Pavel

alias?

--