Re: strip nulls functions for json and jsonb

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: strip nulls functions for json and jsonb
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

I checked this patch.

1. There is a consensus we want this feature.

2. This patch implement just this mentioned feature. There is no objection against design.

3. It is possible to apply this patch and compile without warnings.

4. I tested null stripping on large json, jsonb values without problems.

5. regress tests are enough

6. code is well formatted

Objections & questions:

1. missing documentation

2. I miss more comments related to this functions. This code is relative simple, but some more explanation can be welcome.

3. why these functions are marked as "stable"?

Regards

Pavel

As discussed recently, here is an undocumented patch for json_strip_nulls and jsonb_strip_nulls.

cheers

andrew