Re: review: psql and pset without any arguments

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: review: psql and pset without any arguments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Pavel

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, here is the new patch. The \pset output will look like follow:

postgres=# \pset

Border style (border) is 1.
Target width (columns) unset.

Expanded display (expanded) is off.
Field separator (fieldsep) is "|".
Default footer (footer) is on.
Output format (format) s aligned.
Line style (linestyle) is ascii.

Null display (null) is "".
Locale-adjusted numeric output (numericlocale) is off.

Pager (pager) is used for long output.
Record separator (recordsep) is <newline>.
Table attributes (tableattr) unset.
Title (title) unset.

Tuples only (tuples_only) is off.

postgres=# \pset null #
Null display (null) is "#".
postgres=#

This also mean that all translation strings of those messages should be updated.

If we don't want to modify those messages, I can provide an other patch which print output as follow:

postgres=# \pset
border: Border style is 1.
columns: Target width unset.
expanded: Expanded display is off.
fieldsep: Field separator is "|".
footer: Default footer is on.
format: Output format is aligned.
linestyle: Line style is ascii.
null: Null display is "".
numericlocale: Locale-adjusted numeric output is off.
pager: Pager is used for long output.
recordsep: Record separator is <newline>.
tableattr: Table attributes unset.
title: Title unset.
tuples_only: Tuples only is off.

postgres=# \pset null #
Null display is "#".
postgres=#
I think the first output is better but it need translation work. Let me know.

I prefer first output too

Regards

Pavel

Regards,