Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb  2, 2017 at 07:18:45AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 03:16:29PM +0000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I just don't see this patch going in.  I think it needs are larger
> > approach to the problems it is trying to solve.  I think it then
> > will be very useful.
>
> What problems that it's trying to solve are not addressed?

Unjoined tables.  Inconsistent alias references.  I think there are a
bunch of things and if we can make a list and get a mode to warn about
all of them, it would be very useful.

Identification of unjoined tables should be very useful - but it is far to original proposal - so it can be solved separately.

This patch is simple - and usually we prefer more simple patches than one bigger.

Better to enhance this feature step by step.

Regards

Pavel

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ As you are, so once was I.  As I am, so you will be. +
+                      Ancient Roman grave inscription +