Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: new long psql parameter --on-error-stop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

>> Well, then we just have to add more info to --help

> +1 for at least doing that. I found it annoying just the other day not
> to find it in plsql's --help output, in a moment of brain fade when I
> forgot how to spell it. So it's not just beginners who can benefit, it's
> people like me whose memory occasionally goes awry.

No objection in principle, but what are we talking about exactly?
Adding some new backslash command that lists all the variables that have
special meanings?  I'm not sure that the main --help output is the place
for this, because that only covers psql's command line switches (and
is plenty long enough already).

Hard to say -

a special long option in "General option" can be clean.

or new section "Tips"

Tips:
      -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1   stops on first error