Re: Does postgres have Equivalent range C range Ty​pe for Built-in SQL range Types

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Does postgres have Equivalent range C range Ty​pe for Built-in SQL range Types
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

ne 28. 8. 2022 v 18:36 odesílatel jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> napsal:

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 4:07 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

ne 28. 8. 2022 v 12:36 odesílatel Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi

ne 28. 8. 2022 v 10:10 odesílatel jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com> napsal:

Equivalent C Types for Built-in SQL Types
Does postgres have Equivalent  C range Type for Built-in SQL range Types?

No, there is only common ancestor - RangeType

Ranges are containers like arrays or records - so has not own type specific type

Regards

Pavel

 I recommend David Deutsch's <<The Beginning of Infinity>>

  Jian

technically, Can i use jsonbor range  or array in C-language function?
If that's possible, for range type  I need #include rangetypes.h in the c file(used to create c function) ?

Surely, you can. everything you can do in SQL you can do in C. It needs much more very precious work, but the result can be significantly faster (depends on context).

Regards

Pavel